Sensei Andy Sherry 9th Dan
is the most senior grade in the KUGB and also holds the position of association chairman.
He helped form the KUGB in 1966 and has since achieved many notable firsts in his karate career, including:
• The first person in the UK to gain a Shotokan Black Belt and subsequently the first 3rd Dan in the UK
• First British All-Style Champion 1966
• First KUGB Grand Champion in 1968, winning both kata and kumite titles
• First EAKF European kumite champion 1968
• First qualified British Shotokan International Referee
He went on to win many individual British and European titles and numerous team events as a member of the British and England teams in his competitive years.
Acknowledged around the world for his skill and dedication to Shotokan karate, Sensei Sherry is a much sought after instructor and an inspiration to all those who study under his guidance. He is undoubtedly a leader and sets the standard all karateka aim to follow.
When students reach black belt standard they grade before Sensei Sherry.